Friday, November 29, 2013

november 2013

Afternoon everyone!

Well hasn't 2013 flown by!! It's been a huge year with great health, and personal successes for many!  I hope all changes are embraced rock solid coming into 2014.

It's awesome to have a few new clients beginning their journey towards a healthier life this past month! Welcome to you all :) There really isn't anything more exciting for all us 'regular' gym go'ers than witnessing people embrace positive change into their lives and beginning to work towards their health and fitness goals. And experience, how wonderful you feel after a workout! The smiles.



The Lighten the Load group (1) has continued to have great success and group (2) has now fully settled in and started making progressive changes. In the New Year there will still be 3 weeks for the second group to finish off. I will introduce mid January a new group that will be based in Cannonvale so if you know of anyone in your life that could benefit from this group please encourage them to get in contact with me over the next couple of weeks to put their name down.
The changes made have gone well and truly beyond 'just' the weight loss. Confidence is oozing out of all, smiles on faces and many who have tended to be more sedentary in the past, are actually embracing and loving movement in their lives. It's fabulous to witness those changes occurring. It's great to acknowledge that there are so many benefits to us as individuals when we exercise and become participants of life rather than leading a reclusive existence behind walls and boundaries. Super proud, of all!

Throughout 2014 there are many actions I will continue to take. I am >< this close to finishing the Diploma of Weight Loss which is exciting! And I will still continue with the Diploma of Fitness, another year to go on that one! (phew!)
I will continue to write a column each week for the Guardian. It's still a fantastic avenue to have the chance to reach so many people in a broad and less intimidating way, and hopefully allow others who wouldn't normally do so, to think about the value of their health. I've continually been given great feedback from many sources, which is wonderful! It's nice to know people are actually reading it. And. it's fantastic to know people are actually introducing exercise into their lives and changing how they eat. One. By one.
However, while I can write war and peace with such great regularity when I hit that creative tangent, I still struggle with the 'what to write about' and sit facing a blank screen for WAY to long each week ;) - so am always open to any topic starters - if any of you have any questions you would like to see answered, or any thoughts to contribute, or, would even like to write a little about yourselves and your journey to share with others - please feel free to discuss or email me so I can tackle head on - it would be helping me out a great deal :D
For those that don’t get the paper all columns are on the blog the week after print at www.annpt.blogspot.com so take a read now and again – along with some other occasional interesting (and not so interesting) tidbits!

With Emerald Mud Run fully booked out, I will be participating in the Zombie run in May - if anyone is interested let me know. And Melissa is keeping an eye on the dam so we can have a mud session out at Kelsey Creek again in the New Year when the conditions are right!

And I'm certain 2014 will also bring some other new and exciting little surprises via life, along the way ;)

I hope you have started considering what 2014 uncovers for you also? Whether fitness related, work related, or personal, we need to have goals in place to work towards or we can tend to live a day at a time, each day simply blending into the previous, and never quite getting anywhere progressively.
While it's awesome to give thought to what you completed throughout 2013 and be proud, start thinking now about what you want to achieve in the coming year. Acknowledge achievements throughout the past twelve months, (perceived) failures and successes, cos each of them contributes to improving and transforming your lives, and then grow from there.
Create the desire within yourself that will help make you take action to satisfy your needs and wants. Motivation and inspiration can truly only come from within. I am always here and I will continually support you all, but it is your responsibility to get up and do the workouts, to plan, shop and prepare your meals and to overcome and get past the obstacles you encounter on a regular basis - develop habits and rituals to overcome those obstacles. For the mindset that you have about food, exercise, consistency, and your ability to succeed, it begins and ends with your internal responsibility. I will help you as much as humanly possible, but ultimately, success lives and dies with you and your ability to ‘take action’. In 2014. Please do! Scream, shout, play and be actively involved and make life exciting and worth being a part of!

This Sunday (1st December) sees our final 2013 brekky session. 7am start. At the Proserpine Fitness Venue..  - $20 for the workout and brekky. Would LOVE some new breakfast suggestions if any of you would like to throw some my way. Except for poached eggs as I still haven't managed to successfully make them throughout the past 12 months. I will leave them to the experts who were designed with better cooking skills than I :) Hmmm, or maybe I should add cooking classes to my ‘goal’ list for 2014?! ;)
For brekky numbers, it would be great if you could let me know by Saturday if you would like, or are able, to come along. And, as I have been asked by so many of you already coming, if you would like to bring a plate of something please do, however, it really isn't necessary as plenty of food (and champagne) will be on hand!
Oh, and don't forget to dress with something christmas'y in mind!

All the final group sessions for this year: please take note especially the final weekend which will be held in Cannonvale for both warriors bootcamp and lighten the load

saturday 30 november 5.45am - bootcamp - meet at pioneer park, proserpine
saturday 30 november 7 & 7.45am - lighten the load group
    sunday 1 december 7am - christmas brekky session - christmas dressup!
         wednesday 4 december 6am - lighten the load group

saturday 7 december 5.45am - bootcamp - meet at les stagg oval, proserpine
saturday 7 december 7 & 7.45am - lighten the load group
         wednesday 11 december 6am - lighten the load group

saturday 14 december 6am - christmas bootcamp - meet at cannonvale gym
saturday 14 december 7.15am both groups. christmas lighten the load group - meet @ cannonvale old church
          wednesday 18 december 6am - final 2013 lighten the load group

And that brings us to - the 19th December!
Wednesday the 18th will be my final 'working day' for 2013 - however, having spoken to Kerrin, i WILL still be taking the cardiobox class on the Thursday Morning (the 19th) before I head over to the hospital at 7.30am for a short overnight stay to have my knee (finally) sticky taped up!! - it's only been 5 months :) It will hit me with a two week recovery period (gee sticky tape sure does hurt!) and hopefully after that I am back and brand new - fingers crossed.
I have had ok times and not so ok times with it, so I appreciate, most of all, the patience you have all shown and the support you have given to me these past few months - especially when I have been unable to demonstrate to the ability I expect of myself. I would have to say my language skills and 'descriptive terminology' have improved dramatically though ;D
And also thank you the patience of the bootcamp group that we have not been able to 'run' to our destinations as we normally used to but rather have met at them over the past few months - though secretly I know many of you prefer the 'meet'! 2014 a different year! running. returns! :D  Oh - I heard a faint yay! ;)

For those who I have PT sessions with on thursdays and fridays: I have already spoken to a couple of you and rescheduled to fit your session in for that final week, on the Monday Tuesday or Wednesday, for those I haven't yet, I will :)

And finally. For those continuing with PT training in the new year, please talk to me about whether you are away or around, over the holiday period. Don’t let a short holiday period, take you off track.

That's it for this month. Remember you are always welcome to email or text if there is anything you need help with or want to get feedback on.

Remember: Health, good health, alongside a strong functional body, should be the ultimate goal for us all. Without it, we honestly have - nothing else.
Every decision you make, every action you take, moves you closer to - or further from - your goals. Choose wisely. Act accordingly. Know what you want to achieve in life, make a plan, and don't let anything get in the way - never give up on what is important to you. If you eat healthy, exercise consistently, and have an unyielding focus and positive view of yourself, the results you are after, the goals you have set for yourself, no matter what they are, have no option but to transpire!

Cheers to us all having an amazingly healthy and safe, closing month of the year! :D

Ann
0412 753 899
www.facebook.com/annptlightentheload
www.annpt.com
www.annpt.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment